On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Jamis Buck wrote:

> SQLite/Ruby is an interface for Ruby into the SQLite database engine. It
> is only for SQLite version 2.x -- it does not (yet) support 3.x.

   you are an animal jamis!

> Support for Ara's "arrayfields" module remains implicit. If you require
> the arrayfields module before doing a query, then the rows that returned
> may be indexed by column name (like a hash) or iterated through by index
> (like an array).

   thanks very much!  for those of you wondering the sole intrusion into jamis'
   code is a check for a 'field=' method.  eg. you could implement your own
   Array#fields= method and not use arrayfields.

> Lastly: some of you may be wondering why I still bother with the older 2.x
> interface for SQLite, given that the 3.x interface is almost out of beta.
> Three reasons: one, I'm familiar with it. Two, there are still alot  of
> people that use 2.x databases. Three, a Ruby interface for SQLite3 is
> forthcoming--watch this space!

   i subscribe to the sqlite mailing list and read it often.  3 is definitely
   not ready for production yet.

kind regards.

-a