Almost invariably for me the problem is firewalling.  Opening all of
those ports is usually difficult or impossible to get your network
admin to do.  At home I often have a situation where I'm roaming
around the house with a laptop on a wireless DHCP connection, so
setting up port forwarding to go to my dynamic IP is impractical.