On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:49:54 +0900, Bil Kleb <bil.kleb / nasa.gov> wrote:
> Bill Guindon wrote:
> > James Britt wrote:
> >>
> >>What are the reasons people do not use bittorrent?
> >
> > fear of having to learn a new tech
> > lack of knowledge/experience
> > lack of time to find/learn about new tech
> > lack of machine resources (ok, that's a pretty 'old' answer)
> >
> > at one time or another, I've suffered from combinations of the above.
>
> I have termed this "aggressive incompetence" based on some comments made
> by one of the Dave Thomases a couple years ago in the XP mailing list,

> I have found the phrase to be extremely provocative, powerful, and
> motivating.

There's definitely some truth to that.  Sometimes it's the simple
belief "the more I know, the more the boss will make me do", even when
there's no truth to it.

I suffer from that one to this day.  My boss is a major a**hole at
times.  Of course, that comes with the territory of being self
employed ;)

and sometimes... it's a simple case of overestimating the problem, or
underestimating your abilities.

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)