> Does anyone have, or know of, snake-simple instructions on how to host
> large files in a public server, making them available only through
> bittorrent.
>
> I poked around, and can see how to make a torrent file, and then get
> that torrent file to a tracker, but I gather from this that the target
> file is expected to be available form my PC, and only when I run a
> bittorrent client.  I want to serve the files form ruby-doc.org, not my
> home box.

On the ruby-doc.org server, you would upload the file and its
corresponding torrent to a private area, then run
btdownloadheadless.py on the torrent file.

There also has to be a tracker involved, which should also probably
run on the ruby-doc.org server.

I use screen or its simple incarnation, dtach, to run bittorrent
downloads (and uploads; they are the same thing)

Ari