Chad Fowler wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:08:22 +0900, Richard Kilmer <rich / infoether.com> wrote:
>
>>We are going to have my buddy's audio mixing board, a wireless mic, and a
>>pre-amp.  We can run the board into a camera also directly into a laptop to
>>record directly to MP3.  I am gonna try and confirm borrowing a projector,
>>since my company does not own one itself.  So, we will be set this year re:
>>getting solid recordings of the talks and be able to post things up quickly.
>>Actually, getting a list of sites before hand that would host these MP3's of
>>the conference would make it far easier to post quickly.
>>

> We can obviously put them on the rubyconf website, though I'm thinking
> this is a good bittorrent-only kind of thing.
>
> Chad

Does anyone have, or know of, snake-simple instructions on how to host
large files in a public server, making them available only through
bittorrent.

I poked around, and can see how to make a torrent file, and then get
that torrent file to a tracker, but I gather from this that the target
file is expected to be available form my PC, and only when I run a
bittorrent client.  I want to serve the files form ruby-doc.org, not my
home box.

I expect that I will need to run a tracker on the server hosting the
files.  Is this what RubyForge does?

This is off-topic for Ruby in general, but handy info as large
Ruby-related files become available.

Thanks,

James