--BKMA2OjimIttCqMD

Robert McGovern (robert.mcgovern / gmail.com) wrote:

> > I have a digital video camera of my own and am also planning to try to
> > bring a professional video camera from work.  My goal is to get a high
> > quality video this year.  We've tried various things in years past,
> > but we've always been plagued by technical issues.  Maybe this year
> > will be the year :)
>=20
> *Fingers crossed*

Tips:

The screen is more important than the speaker.  Unless you have a
really fancy camera, it won't handle the contrast difference and
you'll get no good video.  (The screen will be a bright white square and
the speaker will be dark.)

You'll want to test this before recording real speakers.  Try both with
black-on-white and white-on-black slides.  Try with both the lights on
and off.

Unfortunately, to get a good angle on the screen, the camera needs to be
very close to the projector.  Bring cables to jack into the audio system
or an external mike of some sort to avoid the noise of the projector's
exhaust fan.

Bring lots of tapes or a big external drive because dumping and
compressing digital video on a laptop takes considerable time and space.

--=20
All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--BKMA2OjimIttCqMD