That is a very good idea. I have a few thoughts to add
on to your idea.

1. Have the new ruby programmer list completely
sepereate from the ruby-talk email system.

2. all mail gets delivered to thier list unless it is
prefixed with the magic [RT] keyword - (NUBY) is just
too harse mentally.

3- the filter picks out the [RT]'ed emails and
delivers here, the replies to the [RT] emails get
redelivered here and at the new ruby programmer list.

You have a good idea, it just needed to be stretched
out more.

--David Ross