> Add have_library("stdc++") to extconf.rb.
I don't use any build system for this little wrapper, or do you mean I
should add this to the ruby source and recompile ruby? I guess no :)

> How doesn't it work properly?
I'll try to explain:
I have two Files:

- The first one is a cpp file that wraps the functionality I want into
a function. I compile this one with g++ to an object file

- The second file is a .c file (my ruby extension). I compile this
with gcc because g++ gives errors like:

   bash-2.05b$ g++ -c cRubyTest.c
   cRubyTest.c: In function `void Init_cRubyTest()':
   cRubyTest.c:56: error: invalid conversion from `VALUE (*)(long
unsigned int)'
      to `VALUE (*)(...)'

I got the code from the pickaxe book and don't know with this doesn't
work with g++. gcc compiles correctly to an object file.

- But if I try to link (with g++ cRubyTest.o cr.o -lcryptopp) ld sais:
cRubyTest.o(.text+0x1b): In function `cfunc':
: undefined reference to `GenerateRSAKey'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

where GenerateRSAKey is the wrapper function from the cpp file.....

I tried also linking with g++ cruse.o cr.o -lcryptopp -lstdc++ because
you said I should include the libstdc++

I'm stuck.

If I strip away anything from cRubyTest.c that has to do with ruby, it
compiles with g++ and links properly, but doesn't do anything useful
of course :((

It should be possible to take a object made with gcc and one made with
g++ and link them together properly, shouldn't it?

Please help me!
Dominik