On Wednesday 08 September 2004 01:35, Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> > Debugging regular expressions becomes easier with this package.
[snip]

> wow - that is very cool simon!  i can't remember is this dfa or nfa re?

Its nfa, still without optimizations.. but good for debugging big regexps :-)

When (if) I get enough spare time I will make a perl6 parser for it.
Later I hopefully can optimize it..

This morning I got this idea to use my debugging parse tree with Ruby's Regexp
class..  I wrote the necessary 3 lines of code.. and had something useful to
many people.  I must be insanely dumb not to realizing this ages ago.

I hope you can use it.  You may want to add it to your dot-irb file.

As always im interested in feedback and is open to suggestions/patches.
I am working many project and is very busy with my study+job at the moment..
so best way to help is by submitting patches ;-)

Thanks to those who try this package.

--
Simon Strandgaard