On Wednesday, September 8, 2004, 2:09:13 AM, Kirk wrote:

> I'm working on a much broader set of IOWA documentation, and core to this is
> an approach of building, by the end, some sort of useful web application.

> I'm making myself a list of ideas, and am hopeful that the varied minds on
> this list might have a few good ones.

A simple web app that I'd like to create for myself is a "web
scrapbook".  Instead of (literally) cutting and pasting articles from
newspapers into a dead-tree scrapbook, you fling URLs at this app and
it slurps the content and style and makes it easily retrievable later.
(I gather that applying saved CSS to saved HTML wouldn't be trivial.)

There's all sorts of stuff you could add to it (e.g. file uploads, SVG
generation, ... :) but the bare basics of it will be enough for me to
implement if you don't.

Cheers,
Gavin