Charles Mills wrote:

> How do you redefine your search in the following instance?
> $ ri File#path
> More than one method matched your request. You can refine
> your search by asking for information on one of:
>
>      File#path, FileUtils#mkpath, File#path

I've seen this sort of duplication on one of my Windows boxes where I've
a history of installing/unintalling/reinstalling Ruby via the 1-click.

Look and to see if you have duplicate ri data sets in share/ri/1.8/site/
and share/ri/1.8/system/

Note that some data files may have the same name, but if they do they
should have different parent directories.

You should have, for example,
   share/ri/1.8/site/File/path-i.yaml

if File/path-i.yaml shows up someplace else as well, then ri gets confused.

James