Dany Cayouette ha scritto:
> I am a ruby newbie and am intimitaded by posting to this newsgroup...
 >  only made two postings related to modules included with base ruby
 > 1.8.0 and 1.8.1   (net/imap and net/telnet).
 > I think I did my homework in researching the behavior I observed, but
 > never saw any replies to my postings.
 > Am I doing something wrong in reporting my findings?
 > I wish I could contribute more and proposed fixes.. but
 > I don't know Ruby enough,
 > and I'm not a good code writer.

Well, I don't remember your messages, but probably they just got
ignored. Sometimes this happens, it just happened to me in
ruby-talk:111575 :)

I think that we should have some better unified and well known system to
check/submit bugs, it's easy to see them slip away here in ruby-talk and
yet not everybody can post them to ruby-core.

OTOH there is no problem in sending problem reports.
Rubyists are a nice community, I can't remember harsh answers to people
reporting bugs erroneusly or asking newbie questions.
I mean what bad things could happen to usenet posters? :)