On Sep 7, 2004, at 12:39 PM, David A. Black wrote:

> I think the reservations that have been raised have to do with the
> merits of a nuby-helping-nuby environment, as well as the fact that
> this list is historically a home
> for nubies as well as experienced users.

Oh, if that's your complaint, I disagree.  ;)

Being with a group of your peers is almost always a good thing, I
think.  If Nuby A asks a question and Nuby B chimes in with a wrong
answer, that's still a positive thing, in my opinion.  You now have two
people thinking about something and trying to work through it.
Eventually, the right answer will be brought about (by themselves, us
helping, or whatever) and both will learn something.  Both will also be
qualified to answer it next time as questions generally recycle.
That's just a super crude example too.

Reading on in the thread, Brain Wisti's description of Python Tutor
matches what I remember from Perl Beginners to the letter.  Funny that
we both would have such identical memories of different lists.

Perhaps you might want to browse one of these groups, because I have a
feeling they are quite different from what your expecting.

James Edward Gray II