--- Alexey Verkhovsky <alex / verk.info> wrote:
> > > Hosting and domain registration will be taken care of in the next
> couple
> > > of weeks.
> > So it's decided already?
> Not yet. We will go ahead if most of the community here is in favor
> of
> it and the forum will be referred from www.ruby-lang.org. There is no
> value in creating a BBS that nobody knows about :)
>
> Alex

Don't wait for approval from the whole community, because you're not
going to get it. There will always be some folks who think that all
communication about Ruby should be through a single central list. I
understand their motivation, but these folks have to realize that a
newbie is going to be seriously intimidated by a high-traffic list
discussing everything from basic Ruby questions to the fundamental
underpinnings of object-orientation and occasional digressions about
the One True Operating System.

I think that a Newbie list and site is a great idea, and have been
pondering the same thing for a while. I say "go for it", and folks who
want to learn or teach will be drawn to it like moths to a flame.

Or something like that :-)

-- Brian Wisti

http://coolnamehere.com/