James Britt wrote:
> Daniel Berger wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I came across this nifty looking sidebar for Python documentation at
>> http://projects.edgewall.com/python-sidebar/.  Is there something
>> similar for Ruby?  If not, does someone need a project? :)
>

> Actually, it  looks pretty trivial;  : % s/Python/Ruby/g did 1/3 the
> work.  I think; have to test this.

Less trivial than my first glance suggested, but then I wasn't happy
with the prospect of hand-coding XHTML and maintaining consistent,
tabbed headings if pages are added or removed.

So, I wrote a tool to write a tool: code that slurps in a combo of YAML
and Textile, gloms them with some simple templates, and writes out set
of files suitable for an attractive Firefox sidebar.

> I can put one together for ruby-doc.org.

Which you can see here:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docbar/

version 0.1 for safety's sake, though I doubt I'll do much more for the
moment.  Down the line, though, there needs to be a way to automagically
update the source files so that current versions can be generated using
cron.

Comments welcome.

James