Hello everybody,

I've got a stylistic question. I know that "the ruby way" to implement
iterations is using .each and similar things, but sometimes I like to use

for i in 0...n
	for j in i...n
		do something with i and for

Thats nice.

But if I want to iterate downwards the only way I found is 10.downto(0) do
| i | end

That seems not as intuitive as the for notation. Especially if I want ruby
to teach algorithms to people who know how to read pseudo code, then I'd
like something like
> for i in 10.downto 0
> for i in 0.upto 10

I think this has been discussed before, but I'd like to now which style
you use, or if I've missed the solution.

regards,

Brian

PS: How is for implemented? Can I maybe teach Number.downto to return an
object that
 	  is used by for to iterate like an inverse range?

--
Brian Schröäer
http://www.brian-schroeder.de/