On Sep 3, 2004, at 15:30, James Britt wrote:

> What's the fastest way for someone to get the book?

Register for RubyConf by September 1st.. Oops. :)

The second fastest will be to order from us: Amazon will get the books
at best a couple of weeks after we're shipping, bookstore a week or so
later (I'm guessing--bookstores are a bit of a crapshoot, as they tend
or order at fixed intervals). Direct sales from O'Reilly is somewhere
between us and Amazon in terms of time.

> What's the best deal for you?  Is it better if people order directly
> from your site?

The best deal for us is if you order directly from us: the middle tiers
in the book business extract a seriously large percentage on the way
through. Thanks for asking: we appreciate it.

I'll announce the pre-order information just as soon as we can get it
set up (there are lots of rules about accepting pre-order money by
credit card).

Cheers

Dave