Mauricio FernŠŌdez wrote:

>I'd have liked a chapter on good practices, which would benefit all
>repackagers -- making not only RPA's, but also FreeBSD's, Debian's,
>etc job easier. I actually consider this *much* more important than a
>detailed explanation of how to use RubyGems or rpa-base: good practices
>are more stable than packaging technology, esp. in the initial stages.

It's been a coupla years, but there's a wiki page devoted to this
(naming your project, structuring it, using install.rb/setup.rb, etc.):
http://rubygarden.org/ruby?QuickGuideToPackaging

I'll also be covering this in chapter 8 of the (Poignant) Guide.  I
won't be releasing that chapter until next spring, so if you have input,
I'd slurp it up.

_why