Richard Lyman wrote:

> SQLite is 'bundled' with the distribution... atleast the DLL is
> installed in the same directory... I don't know enough, but I think
> that's what you're asking for.
>
> 800x600... good idea. I'll put it on the list.
>
> Customizing FreeRIDE: I've tried to understand FreeRIDE, and it hurts
> my head. That's why I constantly say the FreeRIDE is a much superior
> editor. Having said all that... I guess I just wanted something that
> _I_ would say is simple...

Well... there is a learning curve on the internals of FreeRIDE. The
individual pieces and concepts are fairly simple, but the interactions
between components can get complicated. Its one of those things where once
you understand it, it starts to look simple again.

Its probably too late for you, since you've started your own editor already,
but I would encourage anyone whose interested in extending FreeRIDE to be
sure and ask questions when something is not clear. We are very happy to
help out.

For those you don't know, FreeRIDE is extremely modular, in that it is
implemented entirely as a collection of dynamically loaded plugins (except
for the code that loads the plugins). Even the GUI code that renders the
user interface is a plugin! (Currently, the GUI is rendered by an FXRuby
plugin, but we plan to implement a wxRuby GUI plugin at some point.)

This makes it very easy to add features to FreeRIDE by simply writing a
plugin. The RRB (Ruby Refactoring Browser) folks recently did this to add
their refactoring features to FreeRIDE.

For those who really don't want to learn the intricacies of the FreeRIDE
plugin system, I would someday like to implement a simple scripting facility
(with scripts written in Ruby, of course) that would let you implement
certain types of features without having to use or know the plugin system.
(If anyone is interested in working on this, send me a private email).

Curt