On Friday 03 September 2004 00:17, Richard Lyman wrote:
> Screenshots - nope. Maybe in a bit. - there really isn't anything that
> needs to be 'shown' in the screenshots, but I always prefer them when
> I look at using someone elses product... so I'll probably get some in
> a bit.

Wew.. we like shots :-)

> Sourcecode - it's in the EXE. Just open it in a text editor and keep
> searching for 'require'.

Sorry im on linux.. I cannot open exe files.
Please also distribute a zip (or tgz) containing the source code for
non-windows users which want to browse the code.
I would like to browse the code.. maybe I can learn a few things (and
ultimatively get inspiration to solve some of my issues with fox).
Thanks.

> An Editor or an IDE... I prefer to call it an Editor - though it might
> fall closer to an IDE...

ok.

> Future direction: I want _one_ program that does everything I do with,
> SciTe, EXERB, and NSIS. I also want to make building FXRuby GUI's
> easier along with extending/customizing the EZFX Editor for some
> personal and currently undefined scripting environment. I'd say I'm
> about 75% of the way there.

this sounds like an editor optimized for fxruby development?
interesting.

what is NSIS?

what does the remaining 25% cover?

> Scintilla? Yup, and it was a _beast_ to figure out (still is a beast)
> - but I like it.

ok

> Close source: It's not really closed source, since everything I use is
> already available online somewhere else (FXRuby, SQLite, etc.), and
> the plain text version of the source can be found in the installers
> resulting EXE. I packaged my scripts the way I did so that my target
> audience (my mom or dad) could use what I create without hassle.

to me.. distributing as .exe file seems closed source.  Sorry that I had to
ask this unpleasant question if it were closed/open source.

please distribute the source code so that non-windows users can see your
project.

Thanks for the answers

--
Simon Strandgaard