Jamis Buck wrote:

> Dave Thomas wrote:
>

>> On Sep 2, 2004, at 10:19, Dave Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> One of the joys (for me) of RubLog is that it understands CVS, so I
>>> can edit articles anywhere, and then jut check them in to have them
>>> appear. I run Apache on my Powerbiik, with a RubLog pointing to my
>>> check-ed out workspace. I edit articles on that machine, and view
>>> them inthe local apache. When I'm happy, I do CVS commit, and
>>> they're sent to my server, and are published via
>>> http://pragprog.com/pragdave.
>>

> :D Well, if I had shell access to the box on which my blog is
> published, your CVS approach would be wonderful. Unfortunately, all I
> have is FTP... But wait a minute; am I a Ruby programmer, or aren't I?
> :) I'm sure I could make it work, for me. My wife, however, would
> certainly prefer the web interface to a
> text-editor/local-web-server/upload-process approach. It would
> certainly make Rublog that much more attractive to the
> "non-programming-casual-blogger" demographic.

I hacked an ugly tiny cgi-script for a friend.
All it does:
it's a form where you enter the text and specify the format.
Then it gets saved on the server where I run rublog.
There is a 2nd cgi-script that allows deleting, editing,
making/deleting categories.

If anybody wants a copy, email me.

Ciao,
   -A