Lloyd Zusman wrote:

> I don't want to get into a "my blog is better than yours" war on this
> list, so it probably would be best if any of you who have thoughts
> about this would email me privately.

I hope I don't come across as a heretic, and I will say up front that I
haven't tried any of the ruby blogs.

I looked at a few blogs and balked at the incredible effort that they
took to set up and configure. Then somehow I stumbled on blosxom (I
think the article in LinuxJournal). It is perl, yes. But from the user's
standpoint it is very pragmatic. Each entry is a text file in a
directory; you edit things with your favorite text editor. With the
easy-to-install Markdown plugin blogging is pure joy.

There's a lot of plugins to add all sorts of functionality but frankly
I'm not sure I'm convinced it would scale well to a huge feature-rich
blog. I don't want that, though, I wanted something simple and quick and
no-hassle, and blosxom was just that and also a breath of fresh air.