Mike Clark wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2004, at 3:25 PM, Jamis Buck wrote:
>
>> Then again, please don't. :) I'm interested in what people have to say
>> about Ruby blogs, too. I'm using moveabletype right now, and although
>> there are things I like about it, there are lots of things I *don't*
>> like about it.
>

> Just for the record, you can use MoveableType styles with Rublog.  For
> example, I'm using a variant of the ModernLines style on my site:
>
>    http://pragmaticautomation.com
>
> Jim Weirich has more example styles with Rublog at:
>
>    http://onestepback.org/index.cgi/General/MoreLooks.rdoc
>
> Mike

Rublog looks tempting, I'll have to admit. I need to give it a try (and
  Blogtari -- that looked promising, too).

However, here are three of the features that I really would like, and
which I didn't see in either of those:

   1) Online composition of articles.

   2) The ability to set an article as a "draft", so it doesn't appear
in the published version of the blog. (My wife uses this feature of
MoveableType all the time.) This feature only really makes sense when
online composotion of articles is available.

   3) Textile support. (Blogtari does this, but I didn't see any
RedCloth converter for Rublog.)

I imagine it's not too hard to add new converters to Rublog. (I seem to
remember a thread about that not too very long ago...) If I have the
time (ha!) I'd like to see about maybe hacking on the other two
features, unless someone has already done so.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3 / email.byu.edu