On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:51:23 +0900, Austin Ziegler <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:49:08 +0900, Laurent Sansonetti
> <laurent.sansonetti / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > > tDiary is decent, but doesn't have nice English support
> > Send patch.
>
> If one likes mucking around in the tDiary code. I didn't. I found the
> plugins easier to deal with, but too many of them are just *slightly*
> problematic. The real issue with tDiary's English support is the level
> of documentation available. It's unclear what modes and plugins work
> well together.

I agree with you on that point, non-japanese documentation is lacking.
 But, fortunately, it is written in Ruby, so reading the code is
usually enough to understand what it does :-)

> > > and there is little that seems that can be done to support preventing comment spam.
> > > RubLog doesn't have any comment facilities at all, so ...
> > You can disable tsukkomi in the preferences.
>
> Not exactly preferred. I *do* want a comment and visitor tracking
> system without resorting to email (as I am having to do with RubLog),
> but I don't want to have to delete spam comments and tracking from my
> diary, either.

Hehe, I don't know tDiary so much, but maybe it is possible to write a
plugin that uses an antispam filter for that.  But I'm using tDiary
since more than a year now (with a decent traffic), and I never had a
single spam comment.

--
Laurent