On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Jim Weirich wrote:

> When using firefox and loading the /sleep page in two different tabs,
> the second tab doesn't start its 10 second count until the first window
> completes.  If you change the second window to use an alias for the host
> name (e.g. localhost instead of the DNS name), then both tabs complete
> in 10 seconds.

Use tcpflow or tcpdump to see what's going on. I suspect that Firefox
is using a single HTTP/1.1 persistent connection for requests to that
server, even across different tabs. Thus, the second page will be sent
will arrive immedately after the first has finished arriving.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs / cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org