Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> As a favor to a friend, I'm setting up a blog for her on my server.
>
> Since I like ruby so much, I'd like to use some ruby-based blog
> software.  I see a number of possibilities on RAA for this, and I'm
> wondering if any of you could recommend one or more of these (or perhaps
> something else that's ruby-ish that's not on RAA, if such a thing
> exists).
>
> I don't want to get into a "my blog is better than yours" war on this
> list, so it probably would be best if any of you who have thoughts
> about this would email me privately.
>
> I'm looking for the typical things: reliability, features, ease of use,
> etc.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you might have.

Blogtari is all Ruby, supports textile, markdown, and (to some extent)
OOo writer docs as source format, exports rss feeds, and has a modest
XML-RPC interface.

It's beta; development has been put aside for a bit while other projects
have my attention, but it runs rubyxml.com, ruby-doc.org,
jamesbritt.com, among others.

http://www.blogtari.com

James