Jamis Buck wrote:
> Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>>
>> I don't want to get into a "my blog is better than yours" war on this
>> list, so it probably would be best if any of you who have thoughts
>> about this would email me privately.
>
> Then again, please don't. :) I'm interested in what people have to say
> about Ruby blogs, too. I'm using moveabletype right now, and although
> there are things I like about it, there are lots of things I *don't*
> like about it.
>
>> I'm looking for the typical things: reliability, features, ease of use,
>> etc.

Aren't we all. :)

I only have experience with Rublog really, but I'll share my impressions
of it here.

I don't have a public blog at the moment, by the way, or I'd point you
to it.

There were some minor problems setting up rublog, two-thirds of which
were my own dumb mistakes.

Once I set it up, I had some conceptual problems with it. I was looking
at the .rb file, and I asked Chad: Couldn't this be put in a config file
or something instead?

And he said: The code IS the config file.

And this bothered me at first, but then the light bulb went on. Rublog
gives you a truly rich and powerful set of tools, and lets you use them
more or less as you wish.

The more simple and trivial your blog is, the more you night say: It should
do this for me. I shouldn't have to write this.

But as it scales up, it scales smoothly and easily, and it's all in Ruby,
and life is good. And then you realize: Hey, I bet I could do THIS and it
wouldn't be that hard at all...

Just my impressions.

Hal