--- ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org wrote:
> Actually, that works on all the platforms
I've >tried.

> What doesn't work (on some platforms) is >requesting a
/sleep while
> another /sleep is in progress.  The second sleep >will block,
waiting for
> the first.

Yes, requesting a different servlet (such as
/greet) while sleep is processing works fine on all platforms for me as well.
 And FWIW, the versions on one of the redhat boxes was compiled by hand, the
other from RPM.

The problem is that /sleep is blocking all other calls
to /sleep.  Jamis: could you try that?  Just make several requests to /sleep
pretty quickly - do each of your requests all end at about the same time,
or are their completions each ten seconds apart?

I agree that the problem
seems "person-specific", but between Jim, myself, and another guy there's
three people and probably 7 or 8 platforms showing the same results.

The
behavior we're seeing is similar to what you would expect from a Java servlet
implementing SingleThreadModel (IIRC).

Thanks again to all who are helping
with this!
-Ryan