Mike Wilson wrote:
> Just wanted to jump in and give 3 cents worth.  This is an argument that
> could go on endlessly.  It's based primarly on personal preference and isn't
> really worth continuing much longer (IMHO).  I'd like to suggest that matz
> has enough offerings on the table and propose that we should discontinue
> this thread in favor of matz making the final decision so that we continue
> with other matters.  As Dave said on #ruby-lang (paraphrased) "matz has done
> a great job with naming.  If it were me, and I was programming in Japanese
> you'd be using Array#goldfish".

Hey, that is a great idea! As my four-year old likes to play "goldfish"
(his pronunciation for the card game "Go Fish"), I suggest it for this
method of selecting elements, altering it slightly:

Array#go_fish, Hash#go_fish

["seven of hearts", "jack of spades", "two of clubs"].go_fish(2,0)

Guy N. Hurst

--
HurstLinks Web Development    http://www.hurstlinks.com/
Norfolk, VA  23510            (757)623-9688 FAX 623-0433