On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:05:30 +0900, Javier Leija <murthos / yahoo.com> wrote:

> My
> point is that a single abstraction/object that represents text content
> could be used for any section and it could be stored in the same
> location so that content modifers like wikifiers and markups can
> change all content in the site (from news and forums and whatnot) by
> using the same framework hook, and search engines could find any text
> in the site by just querying one table (or one file). Furthermore,
> this object needs to be fairly complete so taht indivdual developers
> like me don't feel the need to hack DD tables or someone else's code
> in order to add our functionality in it. Basically every operation to
> retrieve and save (manage) any text content needs to be clearly
> available through the object and proper framework hooks/callbacks.

The system could also specify that certain functions are available in
every module, and test for their presence, then bail if they don't
exist.

Adds a bit of complexity to it, but would allow developers to do their
own thing, as long as they have a standard interface... get_content,
search_content, put_content, etc.

just a thought.
--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)