+1, Sean.

Think Martin Luther.  Think Alexander Solzhenitzen (lordy, I butchered the
spelling there!).  Yes I'm being a bit grandiose (and hyperbolic since I'm
pretty sure our friend is no Luther), but the point is still good.  Maybe a
Solzhenitzen will show up on Ruby-talk someday.

A personal fix is simple: I put a new filter rule in my email client and our
rude and somewhat paranoid friend's posts are trashed immediately. And I'm
not seeing them anymore. Good for me.

Drew