Hi --

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Carl Youngblood wrote:

> Incidentally, and totally off-topic: has anyone else besides myself
> noticed how, after you've participated in an online group of some kind
> for a while, your brain starts to construct visual images of the
> people in the group in the absense of sensory input?  It's very
> strange how my mind will construct an image of what someone looks like
> without my ever having met them.  It's almost as if it can't deal with
> having no input, so false information is better than none.  Am I weird
> or does anybody else experience this too?

Are those options mutually exclusive? :-)  Actually I do know exactly
what you mean.  And for me, one thing that has made a big difference
over the years is.... going to RubyConf!

At RubyConf we're there in the flesh, and it's really, really cool.  I
recommend it highly -- and there's still time to register:

  http://www.rubycentral.org/conference

Have a look at the agenda -- there's a great lineup of talks.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net