"Kristof Bastiaensen" <kristof / vleeuwen.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:pan.2004.08.30.22.22.18.554612 / vleeuwen.org...
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:51:27 +0900, Lothar Scholz wrote:

> > MP> TeX
> >
> > Don't now enough about Tex to be sure that is a real world project, but
> > i deeply doubt that.
> > AFAIK it's not developed by multipe persons that change over time. And
> > did it really change a lot in the past.
>
> People are still using TeX, more than 20 years after it was written. I
> find that pretty amazing for a user-program.  If it doesn't qualify as a
> real world project then I don't know what does.

Right so.  And it can be easily verified in every bookstore that has but the
barest minimum of science litertature - especially Math and CS.  You'll find
a lot books made with TeX there.

> Maybe we should be very grateful that Knuth isn't writing what you
> call "real world programs".

:-)

btw: Kristof, are you located in Leuven, Belgium?  That's a really nice
town!  Lovely bars, strong beer and the marvellous "Couvert Couvert".
Mmmmh...

Kind regards

    robert