Hi, Lothar.

Lothar Scholz <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> wrote:

> Sorry but the hole idea of literature programming is one of the most
> stupid thing i've ever seen in the world of programming.

Ok.  It doesn't work for you.  I assume that you have tried it then?

> Adding the redundancy and ambiguity of natural languages is making
> the problem worse. Real programs change a lot and under time pressure.

I am not sure that you understand LP very well.  However, this really is
the time or place for that.  Some people love it, others don't.  Some
like C, Ada, Modula-2 and FORTH.  It doesn't really matter.

> Can you give me one example of a larger program that uses the CWeb
> style, lets make it easy and say something with more then 100.000
> lines (a medium scale project) ?

TeX

> Humphries "Personal Software Process" is nice but has nothing to do
> with programming styles or languages. ...
> Maybe you should read Humphries again. It is about getting your error
> rate lower, by finding out which are your problem areas.

True, it is language neutral.  The point is that, irrespective of
language --  C, Ruby, ASM, Eiffel -- people will make errors.  PSP will
help lower the error rate regardless of the medium. To me, that is step
forward.

--
-mark.  (probertm @ acm dot org)