Ray:
> I've missed some of this thread I believe, but it seems the user
> is looking for a distribution of *nix that has Ruby included.
> Just to be informative I thought I would add that Ruby is in
> /usr/ports of most of the BSD's....Im currently using it
> under OpenBSD 2.8

My understanding is that the poster wasn't looking for any particular
distribution, just publishing what he had found out (during the research
what are the options). I merely updated his information regarding Debian,
which is I'm using among other distros.

Me:
> Please note the word unstable at previous url. It's just
> common Debian cautioness. But people have been using
> 1.6.2 for a while now, and 1.6.3 is on it's way.

I should have added that even though 1.6.2. Debian package was considered
unstable 1.6.2 itself in the Ruby world is considered stable. 1.7 (and other
odd minor version numbers) are development versions and therefore unstable.

Ray:
> Why limit yourself to Linux.

I'm sure he had plenty of reasons when he started to consider other platform
than what he currently has (I'd guess he has been using various Wintoys
versions. But who knows, maybe he's coming from BSD camp.)

In any case I'd like to encourage people to try out different platforms.
Linux, or BSD, is not the limit.

Thanks to Dennis to give a brief look to current situation.

	- Aleksi