On Aug 29, 2004, at 23:22, Mehr, Assaph (Assaph) wrote:

> Who IS responsible for this?

Anyone who is a Ruby committer can fix this. For example, Gavin
Sinclair, who presumably _is_ on the ruby-doc list, can add missing
documentation.

In this case, I added the missing description just now.

The reason that it was reporting the documentation for the _wrong_
method was (vaguely) interesting. A whole bunch of methods are
callbacks which have no effect in the core interpreter---they are
intended to be overridden by user-level classes. In the interpreter,
all these methods point to one underlying C method. If there's no
overriding documentation, then the documentation for that method is
used by RDoc. In this case, that documentation just happened to be for
singleton_method_undefined.

Anyway, in general the answer to the question "who's responsible?" is
"we all are." Anyone finding missing or incorrect documentation can
submit a patch to ruby-core and someone there should apply it.

Cheers

Dave