> > With Most scripting languages which have
> > safety  protection force the programmer not to
> even
> > think about the underlying code. With this, this
> is
> > the proof of why scripting language programmers
> are
> > not as good as per sey..
> >

> For me, programming languages are like tools.  A
> good tradesman uses the
> right tools for the job.  The right tool is the one
> that makes works best
> to achieve the desired outcome. A bad tradesman only
> is best described as
> the one who uses a hammer to put in a screw, 'cause
> they only know how to
> use hammers, not screw drivers.
>
> Ofcourse, real programmers use microcode, ASM and
> FORTH.

This is where I don't understand most people. You can
use any language(scripting or non-scripting) to make
what others consider overkill. Making usage of
available libraries is a good start. Most quit at the
mark of not knowing how to use a library. This is 201%
  untrue. You can use C for anything you use ruby on.
I will use C as an example here. you can make a
gigantic  application faster in C than ruby iff you
have proper libraries. One design I like about Ruby is
that it takes less time to write code and complete an
application. Well guess what, you can do the same with
C if you had a nice set of libraries. I am sure most
people talk bad about C are not professional at all.
Think of C not as a hammer, but as an Anything Object.
 It can be used for anything(unless you need to pass
assembly to unlock processor code). Restricted
languages which you could not add to would be
considered a hammer, or a screw driver. I think this
explaination pretty much ruins the idea of C being a
hammer, which sounds rediculous in the first place.

-- Name: David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo [dot] com