Dave Thomas wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2004, at 5:41, Mauricio FernŠŌdez wrote:
>
>> Many people have a hard time generating the documentation from the
>> sources -- it takes a long time, rdoc often dies in the process (after
>> processing for several minutes) and you have to download the sources,
>> etc...
>

> I do wish folks would tell me when they see this happening: if there's a
> problem here I'd like to fix it.

Dave,

When someone has a problem with rdoc, is there something that tells them
who to contact?

> If you run RDoc and it dies on you while processing the source tree,
> please post the message it produces, along with a description of what
> you were ding, and I'll work on it.

People often (relatively speaking) post such problems to the ruby-doc
list.  If no one there can help them then they are encouraged to post to
ruby-talk.

But as these sorts for questions come up semi-regularly, I'm putting
together a ruby-doc FAQ to help explain getting ri working.  Is there a
specific way you would prefer to be reached if someone has a problem?

Also, if anyone has discovered quirks (and solutions) when installing
the ri data files on assorted OS, please let me know (jbritt AT ruby-doc
DOT org) so I can document them in the FAQ.

Thanks,

James