On Saturday, August 28, 2004, 8:14:43 AM, Lothar wrote:

> Hello Alexey,

>>> I can just see a bright future where programming will
>>> all be a breeze with easy debugging and not spending
>>> countless hours on a typo :)

AV>> Insofar as easy debugging and not making typos is concerned, Java +
AV>> decent IDE (Intellij or Eclipse) delivers it even today :)

> Typos are by definition easier to find in static typed programs.
> This has nothing to do with the IDE, only with the compiler/parser.

ISTM that the state of the art in Java IDEs is much much much much
better than any C++ IDE.  Is that the case?

If so, it could be because of Java's standard reflection mechanism and
intermediate byte code.  Is that a fair comment?

I agree that in general static languages are far more amenable to
tools than dynamic ones (Smalltalk being an exception).  It's probably
also worthwhile considering the differences between popular static
languages.

Cheers,
Gavin