Jeff Hobbs wrote:

# Conrad Schneiker wrote:
#
# > Ruby/Tk seems to me and others to be somewhat sluggish when compared
# > Ruby/GTK (or even Perl/Tk), although I haven't done any serious
testing,
# > and so this is a strictly tentative subjective impression.
#
# Hmm, this we haven't heard before, except that Tk is slower on Windows
# than on Linux.  I have some patches for 8.4 to fix that.

The differences I was (incompletely) referring to were Unix to Unix
and Windows to Windows sorts of things. AFAIK (which isn't much in
this case), the differences may be due to the fact that Ruby/Tk goes
through Tcl, whereas Perl/Tk somehow went around Tcl, and Ruby/GTK has
no Tcl-like intermediary to deal with.

Conrad Schneiker