On Aug 27, 2004, at 3:34 PM, David Ross wrote:

> --- Lothar Scholz <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Typos are by definition easier to find in static
>> typed programs.
>
> Oh really? That would explain the 20 million dollar
> bug..
>
> s=2 when it was meant to be s==2
>  :)

Did you get that deep C secret from "Expert C Programming"? :)
If I remember right he goes on to say that any half way decent version
of lint would have found that bug.  Then he argues that lint should
have never been separated from the compiler in the first place.  Not
sure but I think the bug was the reverse 's==2;' instead of 's=2;'.
The statement was all alone on one line and would be flagged with a
warning by just about any compiler these days - statement with no
effect.
-Charlie