Jamis Buck wrote:
>> ripper takes a Ruby grammar and generates a C parser. I want to
>> take a Ruby grammar and generate a C# parser.
>>

> Oops. :) Guess I misunderstood your original question, too. I've never
> seen bison used for anything besides generating a C parser... Are there
> yacc-compatible parser generators for C#?

Actually, I interpreted your comment to be the same as what I was saying. :)

Confusing, isn't it? To my poor brain at least.

There are three languages involved:
1. The one in which the parser generator (yacc or whatever)
is implemented -- largely irrelevant.
2. The language you are trying to parse, in this case Ruby,
for which you have a grammar.
3. The target language in which the Ruby parser is actually
generated.

I'm trying to change #3 from C to C#.

If we were using pure yacc, Jay might do the trick -- there
is a Jay version that emits C#.

But bison -- nothing to my knowledge.

Hal