Florian Gross wrote:
> Simon Strandgaard wrote:
>
>> Open Questions
>> Q. In which direction should AEditor evolve?
>
> Oh, it should be the most powerful Ruby IDE of course.

I maybe make an attempt to embed aeditor into freeride.
I don't have any plans to turn the editor into an standalone IDE.
However I plan to make the configuration file so flexible that
many ide like features can be used.

possible hooks:
*  on_help(&block)
   which you can bind to RI, when you are in
   ruby mode.. so that pressing F1 provides help.

*  on_execute(&block)
   which runs the current buffer.

maybe I make some sort of project manager.. any volunteers for
this task?   ;-)

>> Q. What features is missing so it fits your needs?
>
> The frequently mentioned code-structure tree and a tabs-like front end
> for buffers.

tabs showing the open buffer.. agree that would be good

the code-structure tree in the sidebar is a feature I think
which belong in the configuration file. Maybe a hook ala

on_text_change do |context|
        name_position_pairs = extract_positions_via_ripper(context.text)
        context.tree.reload(name_position_pairs)
end

Suggestions are welcome.

>> I am very willing to help if you have requests. Thanks.
>
> Thanks for providing something great and for listening to feedback. :)

Thanks for some good requests.

--
Simon Strandgaard