On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:33:40 +0900, Lennon Day-Reynolds wrote
> There are actually relatively few open source WebDAV server
> implementations, aside from mod_dav. In fact, I have yet to see a
> full WebDAV client implementation for Ruby, which could complicate
> the Wiki side of the equation, as well.
>
> It's an area that would be nice to support for a number of potential
> applications, most notably calendaring (both Sunbird and iCal use
> WebDAV and vCard) and network backups and file transfers (ala "Web
> Folders" on Windows).

WebDAV doesn't look like a particularly difficult protocol to support.  A
few months ago there was a little talk about using Iowa to support
applications to use other HTTP methods than GET and POST.  Now that Iowa can
be easily integrated with WEBrick, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard
to extend WEBrick to allow the WebDAV HTTP methods to be accepted, and then
write an Iowa component that can handle them.

Anyone interested in lending me a hand or two in investigating this further
and in implementing a proof of concept?

Kirk Haines