----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph McDonald <joe / vpop.net>
To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2001 2:50 PM
Subject: [ruby-talk:11023] RE: Ruby Netiquitte

> I happen to prefer replies *above* the quoted text (and sometimes
> interspersed when warranted).  However, I will try to post below
> the message I am replying to until (and if) the netiquitte for
> this group is changed.
>
> It is a pain to have to scroll down through a message you have
> already read to get to the meat of the new message, but I'm sure
> people have their reasons for wanting it like that (for now).

Thank you, Joe. I, for one, agree completely.

In the first place, I resent having to scroll to the bottom to add my
comments (especially when most people nowadays put the new
material at the top).

In the second place, I have to scroll AGAIN to skip over the junk
I have already read.

This is the same logic that causes mail clients to put the newest
messages at the top. Do others do it the other way? Most recent
at the bottom?

But I will be a good netizen and continue doing it the asinine way.

Hal