On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:09:36 +0900, Edwin Eyan Moragas wrote

> should have made that more verbose. pure ruby middleware/web server.
> i've been looking at iowa and rails (thanks guys). postgres as db.
> but as a webserver, been asking myself if webrick is good enough
> to be exposed in the open.
>
> right now, i'm playing with cherokee/CGI and ruby. if your
> experience with webrick's just fine, i won;t hesitate to use it.

I have not used Iowa + Webrick in production, but I can tell you that in my
testing the performance is surprisingly good.  It is actually much better
than I expected out of WEBrick.  A PIII 800 Mhz Gentoo Linux box has no
problem pushing 20 connections per second through WEBrick + Iowa with the
webrick example in the distribution.

Kirk Haines