Mark Hubbart wrote:

>  From what has been said, I doubt that the person who did this was being
> malicious... Just ignorant. That's something that I might have done,
> before got experience as a webmaster and realized how rotten it can be
> :)  So it might be a little bit of overkill to share their ip addresses
> for mass banning. Maybe a just good slap on the wrist, like redirecting
> all their page requests to very_stern_warning.text

I've banned specific IP addresses and domain names.  If I get complaints
then perhaps I'll undo it.  I don't really expect that.

As I don't know the identity of the people responsible, nor their
motives, I've focusing on protecting the site.  If I find reason to
believe someone is being malicious or willfully thoughtless, I'll
consider other action.

It may very well have been a site-grabber script gone bad.  I don't
know.  I'm mainly concerned with preventing it in the future, and I
appreciate the helpful comments I've received here.

Thanks,

James