Hi Martin,

"Martin DeMello" <martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Is there a nice way under windows to determine if the user has
> ghostscript installed?

Searching for the registry is one way to do it ... see attached
screen-shot of how it looks on my machine. Of course, you would
want to determine this programmatically, right? Hint: You will have
to require 'win32/registry.rb'

> Do I have to rely on his having it in his path?

Well, path will tell you that gswin32.exe is available as a command
without requiring explicit full path-name. It does not prove the
existence (or lack thereof) of the software.

> martin

HTH,
-- shanko
PS> I am curious to know how your postscript generation is coming
along .. are you also generating PDFs?