On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 04:10:03AM +0900, Jeremy Nelson wrote:
> greg strockbine <gstrock / pacbell.net> wrote:
> >
> >My enthusiasm for ruby just hit a speed bump.
>
> Have you given any thought to using system("/bin/cp") instead of syscopy?

Rather than using 'syscopy' in Ruby, I'd try using using 'sysread' and
'syswrite' directly, along with the 'blsize' method from 'File::Stat'
to get your file system's optimal block size.  Use that block size as
the argument for 'sysread'.  Looking at the source for 'syscopy', it
doesn't appear to be too smart about choosing a block size.

David S.