On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:40:52 +0900, Ruby Script
<nospam / nospamnospamnospam.com> wrote:
> Which ruby app is so compelling that people who don't even intend on
> programming ruby are willing to install it?

I'm just learning ruby, but my first ruby project is probably a bit
larger than most "first projects". I am working on a non linear video
editor and compositing application.

The engine itself is written in C, but I have recently started working
on binding it to ruby my initial attempts are located at

http://freedesktop.org/~pippin/aluminium/ruby/

(I'd appreciate comments if I am going against the ruby way in the
api's I'm providing)

http://freedesktop.org/~pippin/aluminium/

contains general information about the framework, and also some
screenshots of the old c based editor. The c version used gtk+ and
gtkcairo for the userinterface, I want to stick with those choices to
keep the amount of unfamiliar interfaces down.

Another media framework that focuses on television broadcasting
http://mlt.sourceforge.net/  is also currently developing it's ruby
bindings.

/pippin